– Under its Energy Strong program, Public Service Electric & Gas Co. (PSE&G) is upgrading natural gas facilities in the following sections of Jersey City:
· Christopher Columbus Drive to Grand Avenue
· Varick Street to Warren Street
· Division Street to Warren Street
· Manila Avenue to 13th Street
· Intersection of 13th Street at Monmouth Street
Beginning on or about April 27, work will take place Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., conditions permitting.
Before construction can start, the utility has been making test holes to verify the location of the existing gas main. After this work is complete, PSE&G will then begin installing new gas mains and upgrading associated service lines that carry the gas to homes and businesses.
PSE&G has met several times with Jersey City officials to review the work and obtain all necessary permits. In addition, the company will host a meeting for residents in the affected areas 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 30, 2015 to explain the project in more detail. The meeting will be held at City Hall, 280 Grove Street, Jersey City.