The JC Division of Traffic and Engineering , along with the DPW, recently made a number of improvements to this area. Specifically, they:
- 1. Repaired the existing street sign pole at southwest corner of the Jersey/10th intersection so it is facing the correct direction and removed the old "detour" sign on same pole;
- 2. Replaced both existing "No Truck" signs at the Jersey/10th intersection with larger signs (increase to 30" from 24");
- 3. Placed a supplemental "Truck Route" sign at northeast corner of the Jersey/10th intersection;
- 4. Placed a "No Right Turn" sign at the Jersey/9th intersection under the existing one-way arrow (left) sign; and
- 5. Placed a "Do Not Enter" sign at southwest corner of Jersey/9th intersection (facing east).
The JC Division of Traffic and Engineering is also investigating the feasibility of installing more protection at the park entrance.